Sunday, March 18, 2007

Who is Rep. Jerry Lewis?

This article from Congresspedia is an excellent summary of the situation that Rep. Jerry Lewis is in right now.

I might add that I wish I had checked this out before writing earlier that the corruption investigation into Rep. Lewis was being handled by Debra Yang out of Los Angeless. I appear to be wrong about that. He is clearly in the USA district of Carol Lam. My source was Laura Rozen of War and Piece, someone I usually find reliable, and I am not a Californian. San Diego? Los Angeles? Just two big cities located somewhere, and where in heck was Riverside County? I thought it was just east of Los Angeles. I swear I did. and what's San Diego famous for? Nothing, right? It's just "Hey, we're almost to Mexico!" That's like people who think that Texarkana, Texas is cloer to El Paso, Texas than it is to Chicago, Ill. It's not.

The connection appears to be that Debra Yang did go to the law firm defending Jerry Lewis, but based on the map it does not seem likely that Ms. Yang was heading the investigation into Jerry Lewis. Carol Lam would have been doing that.

Mea Culpa. The confusion appears to have been mine.

This is not any better for Jerry Lewis, though. He still seems to be as crooked as ex-Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, just not investigated as soon.