Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Who is running the investigation of Rep. Jerry Lewis?

Sunday I posted a story in which I regretted an earlier story (March 14th) stating that the investigation into the allegedly corrupt activities of California Rep. Jerry Lewis was being run from the US attorney's office run by Debra Yang in Los Angeles rather than the office of Carol Lam in San Diego. In checking my information, I learned that both stories are currently active in the blogosphere, but neither is well-sourced.

I checked the Press Releases from both the San Diego and the Los Angeles offices, and found no answer.

So I emailed Thom Mrozek, Public Affairs Officer United States Attorney's Office - Los Angeles and asked if the Los Angeles US attorney was supervising the investigation into Rep. Jerry Lewis. Mr. Mrozek replied "We have not made any comment on media reports concerning this matter." written in blue as I demonstrate.

This looks like an interesting story. But I live in Texas and know no one in California who I can call to verify who is running the investigation of Rep. Lewis. If anyone can verify that Los Angeles US attorney Debra Yang was supervising the investigation before she went to work for the law firm of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher who represents Rep. Jerry Lewis in that investigation, that is a big story. Since I live in Texas, I have no connections who can provide further information on this story.

If anyone can confirm that the investigation was out of the Los Angeles US attorney's office, please let me know. My email is jayray21@hotmail.com, my name is Richard and my phone is (817) 413-7236. I need at least one strong confirmation and I want two. I will respect and protect your anonymity if necessary but I need to know how you know.

Please contact me. Thanks.