Sunday, March 25, 2007

Press output from the Multi-National Force

These are links to the Multi-National Force website and the new MultiNational Force UTube channel. I present these because, as a retired Army Reserve Major, I am proud of most of my brothers-in-arms. (I assume that the incompetent LtC. Nick Basic is either dead or way too old to be back with the Army - for which modern soldiers should thank any diety they know of.) We (that is, the Army) have Press Officers in order to get our side of the news out.

I am not going to claim that the Army is always right, nor will I claim that what the Press Officers put out is independent journalism. This material is neither. But I am willing to look at al Jeezera and try to determine what is true and what is not. I do trust our military to at least have as much, perhaps more honesty than al Jeezera does.

That said, here is the website for the Multi-National Force.

Here is the Multi-National Force UTube channel. The UTube site has a list of limitations stating what they will not post:
What we will NOT post on this channel:
- Profanity
- Sexual content
- Overly graphic, disturbing or offensive material
- Footage that mocks Coalition Forces, Iraqi Security Forces or the citizens of Iraq.
They don't say that they won't post videos that show the Army, Marine Corps or Iraqi Army in a bad light, but that should be obvious from the source.

The result is that these videos should show the best of our soldiers and Iraqi soldiers as they operate in combat. I want to make sure that everyone knows that we have guys and girls this good.

No comments: