Also the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has subpoenaed Maj. Gen. George Weightman, the recently relieved Commander of Walter Reed Hospital. The Department of Defense refused to let him testify, but will not give any reason for the refusal.
Military Times coverage of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center scandal:
- Official: Gates fired Army Secretary (March 2)
- Democrats say Harvey’s ouster isn’t enough (March 2)
- Walter Reed topic of five hearings next week (March 2)
- Maj. Gen. Eric Schoomaker named new Walter Reed head (March 2)
- Committee subpoenas former Walter Reed chief (March 2)
- Walter Reed chief fired; critics say more must go (March 2)
- Army denies patients face daily inspections (Feb. 28)
- Walter Reed patients told to keep quiet (Feb. 27)
- Walter Reed soldier wins small victory (Feb. 27)
- Gates’ candor on hospital woes lauded (Feb. 27)
- Pentagon names members of Walter Reed panel (Feb. 23)
- Renovations underway at Walter Reed (Feb. 22)
- Wounded and waiting (Feb. 17) .