Monday, August 11, 2008

Definition of glibertarian

How do you define the term "glibertarian?"
jcricket Says:
What exactly is the definition of a glibertarian? Is Jim Henley one? Radley Balko? I have a number of libertarian tendencies- am I one?
No, do be a glibertarian you have to first be a big “L” libertarian, and then only apply your libertarianism to other peoples problems. Glibertarians replies to any situation where someone else is hurt is “fuck you I got mine”, “told you so” or “nanny nanny boo boo”.

You, on the other hand, can have a rational discussion about situations, admit there is a place for government intervention, and accept that helping others is potentially a good thing.
November 19th, 2007 at 12:08 pm
This definition is found in a comment at Ballon Juice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I wrote that (really). Funny to see me, anonymous blog commentor, quoted somewhere else.