Saturday, August 13, 2005

Wolcott's on a Roll!

James Wolcott lets loose his ability to use language on the idiot war-supporting right-wing bloggers. I am going to post a sample in a moment, but first I just want to say that his way of expressing himself is a joy to behold. I am struck with envy.

Totten and compadres seem to think that I consider anyone who simply voted for Bush as morally culpable for everything Bush has done since on the foreign and domestic fronts. But I made it clear that I was referring specifically to bloggers who support Bush's War on Terror and the invasion of Iraq, bloggers who slant conservative Republican in the overwhelming of majority of their posts and--

--and then at irregular intervals rhetorically wag their hands to say, Hey, don't pin a label on me, I support a woman's right to choose, or gay marriage, or decriminalization of drugs, etc.

As if that absolves you for vigorously championing an immoral war based on lies, supervised by a leadership class corrupted by ideological cowards and incompetents. Even if the War on Terror is the only policy of Bush's you passionately supported and still stoutly defend, you fucked up bigtime. Because, because leaving aside the ghastly loss of lives, the wrecking of our military, and the destruction of so much of Iraq's past and present, the true beneficiary of the war has been one of Iraq's neighbors. As the Juan Cole you relish despising recently declared, "The Iraq war is over, and the winner is...Iran."

Oh, you don't trust anything Cole has to say? Fine.
I don't ever want a company of U.S. Marines to be hunting my ass. They are dangerous professionals you don't want to get on the wrong side of. I have a similar desired to avoid ever having James Wolcott take after me rhetorically. It doesn't hurt that I think his targets are getting justified flak.

I'd really like to say "Go read the whole thing." but if you DO go read the whole thing you will see why I don't dare use that phrase.

No comments: