"After spending the past month retracing our steps and confirming facts, we've come full circle. Our sources continue to maintain that a grand jury has in fact returned an indictment. Our sources said that parts of the indictment were read to Karl Rove and his attorney on Friday, May 12, 2006. Last week, we pointed to a sealed federal indictment, case number "06 cr 128," which is still sealed and we are still pointing to it. During lengthy conversations with our sources over the past month, they reiterated that the substance of our report on May 13, 2006, was correct, and immediately following our report, Karl Rove's status in the CIA leak probe changed. In summary, as we press our investigation we find indicators that more of our key facts are correct, not less."Jeralyn Merritt at TalkLeft is covering the story and will report further. Her clearly writen and well-researched legal explanations are worth a lot more than the price of admission (Free.)
Prior stories on Truthout revelations
- Backstory on Leopolds now discredited scoop.
- Truthout stands down on Rove indictment story.
- Leopold holds firm - Rove was indicted.06-12-06
- Rove indicted or not? Truthout defends Leopold's reporting.
- Report states that Rove will be indicted Friday. (We hope.)
- TalkLeft discusses the Jaon Leopold story that Rove is already indicted.
- Rove has notified Bush that he will be indicted.