Saturday, January 19, 2008

Giuliani - worst Presidential campaign ever

I have to admit that Rudy Giuliani has absolutely amazed me.

Last November 28 I made a prediction that Rudy would be the Republican nominee for President. It is now slightly more than eight weeks later, and Josh Marshall has posted a comment which describes Rudy's effort to become the Republican nominee for President as
Rudy’s collapse is the mark of the worst presidential campaign in history.
Having watched the disastrous efforts of both John Connolly and Phil Gramm to become President, I thought I had seen the worst of the worst, but Rudy Giuliani has left them far behind in the dust of disaster.

Of course, I had previously written off John McCain last summer when he went broke, too. Now he's back with a vengeance. The Republican candidates for the nomination may be drinking Zombie Water this year, so I'm not yet ready to simply ignore the end of the political candidate from the Mafia.

We need to watch him carefully to make sure he really is politically dead. Perhaps holy water and a stake through the heart will be required, but as good a job as Rudy has done committing political suicide, those items may just be wearing a belt with suspenders.

No comments: