Thursday, May 11, 2006

Is God a Republican punishing me?

I have been off line for nearly two days, and am only barely back. My hard drive got totally loaded, but since I was dual booting Win XP with Linux, I had space to recycle. So I tried to expand the windows space. Yeah, I killed the whole hard drive.

Two and a half years of stuff stored and not properly backed up. Then when I reloaded Windoz, I had no driver for the wireless USB connecter that the phone company sent me with my DSL modem. So? So I needed to be on line to get the driver I needed to get back on line.

But that didn't matter too much because my telephone died yesterday. When I called tech support from the local grocery store, they were asking if I still had my Yahoo disc and what version it was. Yeah. Right. I had it. At home, half a mile away.

OK. AT&T found the phome problem yesterday afternoon. In their lines, of course. Now I have the drive totally wiped, reformatted, and windoz reloaded. Got the driver. Gave up on Linux. But my normal bookmarks are gone. It will be weeks to get half back.

Is God a Republican punishing me for my anti-Bush attitude?

If so, the price isn't too high, but I am not a happy camper.

No comments: