Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I have surrendered. She beat me.

Mitzi, the five pound tabby who rules this house with a paw of iron has made her decision, and I have had to accept it. I earlier reported the story last week at tried to switch brands of cat food.

First I tried generic. OK. That is understandable. No telling what it was. So I switched to 9-Lives. Again, no-go.

Not only will she not eat it, she harrasses me. She follows me around, hopes on the counter top and reached out a paw to gently tap my arm. Or she waits until I am lying on the bed reading and runs in and lands on my chest. She didn't do that when she was getting Friskies dry food.

It has been a long week, and she is more stubborn than I am. I give up. I just stocked up on Friskies.

Cat 1
Me 0

But I kept a box of 9-Lives in case I get griped at her.

No comments: