Monday, March 21, 2005

Why Republicans are all over Terri Schiavo Tragedy

The question is why the Republicans are so keen to get involved in the Terri Schiavo tragedy. She is in a persistant vegetative state, meaning that she is not brain dead, but she is completely unable to care for herself and does not react consciously to the world or the people around her.

I suddenly realized that this describes the Republican extremists themselve. Unable to think and living in a special little world that is not related to the real one the rest of us live in.

They see her as one of themselves and feel threatened.

3 comments:

Richard said...

Yeah, I'll agree with you.

I was trying to be snide and cute, and it came off really ignorant and uninformed.

I guess I don't do snide, cute and snarky well enough to get away with it.

I'll leave this here for a while, and hope you see my apology.

Richard said...

One thing, though. I think that Tom DeLay and Ron Paul are really sincere about their beliefs. I just don't think that either are sane. Those are two people I will never find any form of common ground with, if for no other reason than the fact that I wouldn't trust either of them under any imaginable circumstances.

Ron Paul is a Libertarian fool, and Tom DeLay would fit very well as a happy apparatchnik in any authoritarian regime he could find, and doesn't see anything wrong with his misuse of power.

Richard said...

One thing, though. I think that Tom DeLay and Ron Paul are really sincere about their beliefs. I just don't think that either are sane. Those are two people I will never find any form of common ground with, if for no other reason than the fact that I wouldn't trust either of them under any imaginable circumstances.

Ron Paul is a Libertarian fool, and Tom DeLay would fit very well as a happy apparatchnik in any authoritarian regime he could find, and doesn't see anything wrong with his misuse of power.