Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Foreclosure map of the U.S. - interactive

There have been a lot of news stories about foreclosures, but they usually name a bunch of places most of us have never even visited. Here is an interactive map of the U.S. with all the currently listed foreclosure properties on it.

There are three within half a mile or less of me, and the house that most closely resembles mine is valued at $35,000 more than I owe on mine, so the value of my house has gone up about 50% since I bought it in 1999. Since I am two miles from downtown on a good bus route and six blocks north of rail tracks proposed for intercity rail, I suspect the value of this location will go up because of the price of gasoline. As I described in my earlier post today, America's transportation systems and housing are changing radically, I'm apparently in a position to make a profit if I ever sell this place.

Check the map to see how your area is doing.

No comments: