|Buy Books, DVD's etc.
|Click through here to browse and order Books, DVD's, etc.
|Religious Books -- Not Fundamentalist!
The Fundamentalist Xtians should not be allowed to hijack the language of Christianity. They are at least as much heretics to Christianity as the Arians and Gnostics of early Christian days.
Biblical inerrancy is not possible.
The books both above and below show the limitations of language and the impossibility of Biblical Inerrancy.
How can language be misused? Using General Semantics, this book was Written to explain Nazi propaganda and still used as a textbook
|Books - Popular Math, Post Enlightenment & Science
This book explains why the above books on Christian Fundamentalism are politically important in America today.
Modern Society measures risk & predicts possible futures. The book below is a higly readable history of insurance, statistics and modern financial instruments.
Compare this to religion, in which it is presumed that the perfect society was known in the past and all that is necessary to do is to return to that perfect society.
Fascinating, highly readable and fun book on modern mathematics and its limitations. If you are interested in ideas, this is your book!
This is a collection of Hofstader's Scientific American articles. Again, a very fascinationg and highly readable book, requiring no mathematical background. (Buy it used - it is one of the books that will keep disappearing.)
Older, very fascinating book on mathematical ideas. Did you know there are three kinds of infinity?
| Monday, November 12, 2007
| Here is what is wrong with Ron Paul
|Dr. and Congressman Ron Paul has been getting a lot of favorable press recently as he stands up and tells Republicans that America should get out of Iraq. OK. Even a blind hog finds an occasional acorn. Dave, over at Orcinus lists many of the most extreme bills he has submitted in the house. What they demonstrate is a man who
All of this comes from the Bills Dr. Paul has introduced in Congress. Does anyone really wonder why I call him a Fruitcake?
- Is an antiabortion and anti birth control extremist.
- Wants the definition of human being attached to a zyugote from the moment of conception.
- Wants to deny Federal court system from providing redress to people who are discriminated against because of their religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
- Wants to stop the use of federal money in enforcing the right to an abortion.
- Wants to criminalize the burning or destruction of an American flag, even if you own it yourself. He has proposed a Constitutional amendment to this effect.
- Wants to repeal the Occupational health and safety Act.
- Wants to decertify unions.
- Opposes the minimum wage.
- Wants to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act and the Copeland Act which make kickbacks on federal contracts illegal and which mandates that government contracts pay workers the prevailing wage.
- Wants to make the Social Security system optional and to freeze benefits.
- Wants to repeal the Motor Voter law that has made it easier for voters to be registered (typical Republican voter repression activity) and supports the Electoral College.
- Wants to repeal Anti-Trust Laws.
- Wants to eliminate federal regulatory agencies and require Congress to pass new law every time a different case is addressed.
- Wants to promote greater ethnic and racial discrimination.
- Wants to amend the 14th Amendment to the Constitution so that people born in the U.S. are not automatically citizens, and make it easier to revoke the citizenship of anyone the government declares undesirable.
- Wants to limit or repeal most environmental laws.
- Wants to encourage more off-shore oil drilling, more mining on federal lands, and construct more refineries. Note how this will work with the elimination of federal environmental regulation and the elimination of unions. It would make China's environment something Americans would wish for.
- Wanted prevent the ratification of the Law of the Sea Treaty.
- Wanted to prohibit the dismantling of the missile silos as was done in 2002.
- Opposes the International Criminal Court.
- Wants to prohibit even consideration of how other nations (except England) apply laws when the Supreme Court deliberates.
- Wants to end U.S. participation in the U.N.
- Wants to to block U.S. membership in the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization.
- Wants the U.S. to withdraw from the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.
- Wants to prevent U.S. soldiers from ever wearing the insignia of the UN or any foreign nation.
- Wants to reoccupy the Panama Canal and declare U.S. sovereignty over the Canal Zone again.
- Wants to eliminate limitations on gun ownership and where anyone can carry guns. This includes allowing criminals to own and carry weapons, repeal the 1968 gun law, and allow guns to be carried in national parks and in school zones. It also includes using federal law to override all state laws that regulate guns.
- Wants to abolish personal income, estate, and gift taxes. If he can't get that, he wants to eliminate withholding and make everyone pay taxes every month.
- Wants to repeal the power of the Federal Reserve to Print money, replacing paper money with gold and silver coins.
- Wants to abolish the Federal Reserve.
- Wants the use of corporal punishment reinstated, wants all parents notified if their children request birth control (even the parents who are molesting their children) and wants churches which run social serviced to be permitted to discriminate on the basis of religion and race among other things.
Labels: 2008 Election, Republican Party, Ron Paul, Social Conservatives
|posted by Richard @ 1:50 PM