To see all my posts indexing the Liveblog of the Libby trial from Firedoglake, click on the Label "Liveblog" (below.)
- If It’s Sunday, It’s Meet The Veep’s Agenda? by Christie Hardin Smith. This article points out how the trial testimony from Cathie Martin shows the White House manipulated the Press. Tim Russert of Meet the Press was one of their best "platforms" for getting out their message with little distortion by the media itself.
- The SF-312, Motive, Opportunity And Intent by Christie Hardin Smith "The SF 312 provides a wealth of information to anyone granted a high level security clearance, including criminal laws and penalties for violating the security agreement, what constitutes an improper release of information, and what procedures are to be followed in dealing with classified information."
- Reflecting on What We’ve Learned (1/25)… by SWOPA
- Commentary on the trial so far by Christie Hardin Smith
- 4. Cathie Martin questioned, Part Three.
- 3. Cathie Martin questioned, Part Two.
- 2. Cathie Martin questioned, Part one.
- 1. Craig Schmall questioned, Part Two.
- Morning Cuppa - Intro to Thursday, Jan 25, 2007
Cathie Martin Cheney's press secretary during the period when Novak was told the classified information that Valerie Plame was a CIA agent and published it. Martin had replaced Mary Matelin when she left the job.
Addendum 7:22 PM same day.
Jeralyn Merrit of TalkLeft provides a discussion of what she considered the key things that she noticed in the Thursday Libby Trial proceedings.
If you haven't read her blog, you should. She is a defense attorney who writes quite well, and almost invariably offers interesting subjects. In the case of the Libby trial, she provides expert insights into what Fitzgerald seems to be doing. This article is an excellent set of insights into what went on in the Trial on Thursday. Don't miss it.