Friday, September 01, 2006

Got my August electric bill today

I live in North Texas - Fort Worth, the interesting city next to the rather dull Dallas. My electric bill arrived today.

No, no, I have recovered from the shock. Honest, the local medical people were warned and ready to handle the anticipated reactions. But there was a really interesting little fact included.

According to TXU, the average high temperature here during August was 101 degrees. In 2005 the average high temperature was 97 degrees. And 2005 was the hottest year on record.

Anyone in Canada, Wisconsin or Minnesota have an idea where I can find a home for about $70,000 that has room for dogs to run? With global warming attacking me, I am considering beating the rush of temperature refugees and finding a cooler place to live. Has to have reliable broad-band connections and a decent library or University, though.

No comments: