Thursday, January 26, 2006

I don't mind my cat sleeping on the top of the monitor

In fact, I think it is cute. It is a warm place (important to cats) and it is close to me. The latter surprises me.

Knowing that cats are NOT pack animals, I was surprised how social this one is. I must admit that I wonder if my monitor is under warranty if it gets full of cat hair and suddently does the smoking - sparking - blank thing.

But one thing I really don't like.

She wants to get up to the monitor top, so she leaps from the floor to my knee to the monitor. Always starting from behind me where I don't see her coming. My first warning is a heavy weight on my knee. It is always a surprise, and over before I get a chance to even move.

I wonder if she can be trained to use a ladder? If she someday gives me a heart attack from the surprise, she'll be sorry.

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. She's a cat. She'll be sorry. For maybe ten seconds until she figures another route to the top of the monitor.

No comments: