Tuesday, January 17, 2006

How many Republicans to change a light bulb?

How many Bush Administration officials does it take to screw in a light bulb?

None. Nothing is wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are a delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effect and dishonors every light bulb that has ever burned out on us. Do you actually want the old light bulb back? Why do you hate freedom?


This joke has a secondarily funny aspect.

I've gotten the Google advertisments that try to link the ads to the content of my magazine. (Hey! Any money will go into improving the website!) I don't know what you see, but the advertisments I just found with this "How many Republicans needed to change a light bulb" are ads trying to sell you light bulbs.

I know, I know, computerized web crawlers aren't supposed to have a sense of humor -- and, of course, they don't. That's why I find this juxtiposition of content and advertising so funny.

No comments: