Wednesday, September 19, 2007

NPR's Morning Edition blew it this morning.

I woke up this morning listening to Morning Edition on National Public Radio. Usually its informative and current. But this morning the best that can be said it that it was current.

There was a segment on the non-news called O.J. Simpson. That's celebrity gossip, no better than the latest on Brittany Spears, Nicole Richey or Donald Trump. If I want that garbage I'll choose to waste my time and read the National Tattler in the supermarket checkout line. I do not expect that from NPR's Morning Edition.

An O.J. segment is a wast of my time, a horrible waste of NPR's scarce (but linear) air time, and it was rotten news judgment to present it.

That's just one more case of the general dumbing down of the news media. It's a damned shame that the disease of the American media has spread to National Public Radio.

No comments: