Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Small world - some relatives are black sheep

Lynn Cheney confirms that Dick Cheney and Barack Obama are 8th cousins. The Chicago Sun-Times reports that they are actually 9th cousins, and that Brack Obama and George W. Bush are 11th cousins.

Of course, the Sun-Times article point out
Obama is related to Cheney through Mareen Duvall, a 17th century immigrant from France.
Does Dick really want it known that he is descended from an immigrant from France? And I wonder if anyone has researched whether or not she was an illegal immigrant?

I'm glad someone did that research and those calculations. This really IS a small world. On a personal basis, since I do not consider either George W. Bush or Dick Cheney to even be human beings, then I am not concerned that I might be somehow related to them.

No comments: