Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Is Obama mean and ruthless enough to take the Presidency?

I'm not sure if I agree with Josh Marshall (channeling (yuk) Maurine Dowd) but his comment resonates with me.

Obama is an impressive person, and I have really wanted to like him as the nominee. But Edwards is presenting the policies I prefer, and Clinton has placed an electoral juggernaut on the field. Barack just hasn't shown me that much in comparison with Edwards and Clinton. I've attributed that mostly to his lack of experience on teh national political stage, but it may also be that he is trying to demonstrate what a great person he is and then waiting to be anointed as the nominee.

It's still three months until the first of the (much too early) primaries. I don't have to make a final decision until the Texas Primary in March 2008.

No comments: