Monday, February 28, 2005

Bush's efforts to destroy Social Security weak

Bush has been working very hard to convert his win in the Presidential election 2004 into the elimination of Social Security. It does not seem to be working. Ruy Teixiera reports on current polls that say it isn't working.

His conclusion from the recent polls is : no matter whether Bush’s plan is referred to with his preferred language or with that preferred by Democrats, the result is still opposition. This suggests the degree to which Bush’s persuasive efforts are hitting a brick wall.

The Bush people aren't stupid. I flipped through all four major news shows Sunday morning, and everyone of them started with an administration flack pushing Social Security privatization.

They'll keep pushing until they get what they want, or until they are decisively defeated. Since they won't be decisively defeated until they recognize that they are, and they firmly believe that they win by outlasting their opposition, I am not at all sure what it will take to convince them they are defeated.

In fact, I am concerned that they may be correct. Even if they are wrong, if they are willing to outlast their opposition (us) and keep going, can they still win even if they are wrong?

I am willing to continue to oppose them because they are wrong. It is just that the ultimate issue is still in doubt even though they ARE wrong. Fortunately, a lot of us are continuoing to oppose them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering this great service to learn about electronics. I have a website about electronics which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!

Anonymous said...

Not much to say besides the fact that coming to Register Better would be a good decision in regards to domain name web hosting !