Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Democratic FISA cave-in

I don't really know what the technical need for the FISA bill was, but I do know that nothing that comes out of the Bush administration can be trusted. Even if they can demonstrate a valid need for a piece of legislation, they will use that as a cover to use it to pervert the functioning of the American Constitution.

America would be better off if Congress would simply refuse to approve a single further incompetent offered to the Senate as a nomination for any office, and if they would refuse to pass a single piece of legislation requested by the administration or by any Republican. The one thing the Bush administration should have taught us all is to never trust a Republican in government under any circumstances. Even the apparently decent Republicans are just very good at concealing how they plan to screw us all over. So I was, obviously, shocked and saddened by the passage of the FISA bill the other day.

But the shut down of government through lack of trust in all things Republican and conservative simply is not practical. So I didn't really know what to believe about the FISA bill.

Then Digby clarified it for me. Go read it.

She makes more sense than anyone else I have read, but I am not sure I am convinced.

No comments: