Wednesday, October 25, 2006

ABC's Docu-drama-lie was a ratings flop

I must admit that I was curious how well the so-called docudrama "The Path to 9/11" did. As near as I can tell, viewers of the Sunay night part I preferred to watch football per Broadcasting & Cable .

Unfortunately I have not been able to confirm the report from the moderate voice about the ratings on Part II from Monday night, September 11, 2006. I have no reason to doubt them, however. Apparently more people were interested in a rerun of CSI: Miami than were interested in the ABC offering which was interrupted by George W. Bush for a short piece of his propaganda.

Frankly, I am surprised that the show got such poor ratings on the fifth anniversery of September 11. Delighted, but surprised.

The management of ABC may be as conservative is the ultra-conservative Walt Disney, but their professional success is measured on Wall Street by Nielsen ratings and the resulting advertisement revenues.

No comments: