Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Someone tell CBS News. Katie Couric has to go.

Really. I've had it with Couric.

I gave her a chance. Her background was against her, no journalism. She is supposedly an entertainer. But who knew? Maybe she had unsuspected depths or the capacity to learn.

No such luck.

She has no sense of journalism at all. Her judgment regarding what should be reported is an entertainers judgment. At least Dan Rather never bugged us with OJ, and he would not have put Paris Hilton on. Not so with the Couric. She wasted my news-watching time with Hilton, probably 10% of her show one night. And she's not learning.

Then there's her voice. Not too bad, until she wants to sooth the audience. Then she turns on the syrup. It is frankly sickening. My only question is who she is or was sleeping with to get the job.

Not that I object to a woman. Lara Logan would be an ideal anchor. When she reads the news on TV, it is real news. Or Christine Amanpour. She's a superb journalist.

Or if CBS has to get away from the old man journalist and hire a good looking woman just for her looks, what's wrong with Jessica Alba? She is bright, verbal, and a really good looking woman. And unlike Couric, I think she could learn the job.

But now we have Couric.

She's got to go. Soon. I've already switched to another of the networks. I'd go back for any of my three suggestions. Couric is killing CBS news - faster than it was dying anyway.

No comments: