Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Cats are the dominant species on Earth

My small gray tabbie cat just woke up on top of my monitor, stood up, stretched her cat-stretch, then hopped down next to the keyboard and strutted into my lap demanding her clearly due (in her mind) head scratch.

Within mere seconds (as I provided the demanded head scratch and got my payment in purr), my jealous part-sheltie was over next to me poking my leg with her cold nose demanding HER head scratch.

Cadged for head scratches, and herded by a sheltie. I'm not sure that I'm getting the respect my position as dominant animal in the house and provider of all food deserves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

endless number of these wonderful finds, what with the Internet being a vast network of constantly evolving ideas and all!